Followers

02 October 2008

Mahatma Gandhi Quotes - Part 1

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

“Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.”

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

“There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever”

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

“Nonviolence is a weapon of the strong”

“We must become the change we want to see.”

“What do I think of Western civilisation? I think it would be a very good idea.”

“Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected”

“An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”

“My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet.”

“God has no religion”

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed”

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles”

“You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.”

“Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning.”

“The most heinous and the most cruel crimes of which history has record have been committed under the cover of religion or equally noble motives”

“The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems”

No comments: